10-minute American Pancakes save and nourish your morning!
If there’s someone waiting for breakfast every morning, you had better figure out how to feed him/her yummy breakfast as soon as possible! And this picture did remind me my youth, just switched the role though. Hey, I love you, Mom!!!
From this picture you may already find that, “Gee, it’s still dark outside!” Right, you’re right and I should lie on my sweet bed, why am I supposed to prepare to go to school (crash)? Though the same situation upsets me every morning, the good thing is that there’s always something there I’m looking forward and can’t wait, that’s really awesome! And that’s the hope for life, ha.
Since I’m the girl who like to dress up, make myself look pretty and impressed others. On the other hand, I’m also the girl who is lazy but like to enjoy both of my sleeping and breakfast time, the most important meal a day for me. So, how could I make a balance to meet all these requirements? CC, the “10-minutes American Pancakes”, originated from the English food writer – Nigella Lawson, provided a good choice and here I just made a little bit change to better fit us ^^.
The secret is to premix dry ingredients needed for the pancakes in advance, termed premix pancake flour here, so that, in the morning, you just need to use this premix pancake flour together with milk, egg and butter. DonDon, hot, delicious American Pancakes should be ready within 10 minutes, together with a cup of flavored latte, whoa, what a day!!!!! One more good thing, you can cook them either by a waffle maker or just a nonstick pan, it depends on what do you have, sounds great huh! So, are you ready for the yummy pancakes? Let’s do it!
Premix Pancake Flour
All Purpose Flour: 5 C
Baking Powder: 7 t
Baking Soda: 1 t
Cane Sugar: 6 T
Salt: 1/2 t
- In an airtight container or sealed bag, sift all the ingredients and mix together, preserve in room temperature.
American Pancake (Servings: 3~4)
Unsalted Butter: 1 T
Egg: 1 ea.
Milk*: 1 C
Premix Pancake Flour: 1 1/4 C
Honey, jam, butter, whipped cream, fruit…whatever you want!
- Melted unsalted butter in a small pan, put aside for later use.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and egg to fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients to milk mixture; whisk until just moistened (do not overmix; a few small lumps are fine).
- Add melted unsalted butter in, mix evenly is okay, do not overmix.
- Heat a large skillet (nonstick or cast-iron). For each pancake, spoon suitable amount of batter onto skillet (depends on what size do you prefer).
- Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serve warm, with desired toppings.
* Do not add all amount of milk directly, it depends on the brands of flour, add enough quantity is okay.
For more detailed video or recipe, hop on over to Nigella Lawson!
Try it and keep visiting. More pancake recipes:
–> Need more recipes? Check ♡ Recipe ♡