I’m not a big fan of muffins, but both Mario and me love the crunchy tops. If you were also a fan of crunchy tops together with fluffy but chewy texture, try this recipe out!!
|Crunchy-Top Pecan Muffins|
Crunchy-Top Pecan Muffins (10 muffin cups, servings: 4)
Brown Sugar: 1/3 C
All Purpose: 2 T
Chilled Unsalted Butter: 1 T
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Unwrap the butter and melt it by using indirect heat (water bath is recommended, microwave also works, but try not longer than 10 seconds), showed as left two pictures. Set it aside at room temperature to cool*.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and pecans** in a big bowl, as the right picture showed.
5. Beat the egg in a separate bowl, then add sugar, vanilla extract and milk (1 Cup first) to the eggs.
6. Pour melted butter 3-4 times into the egg-vanilla-milk mixture, until it’s all incorporated, showed as middle picture.
7. Prepare your topping!! With a fork, mix together with brown sugar and flour.
8. Then, cut chilled unsalted butter into the flour and sugar until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal, showed as lower middle picture.
9. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and mix no more than 10 seconds***. Adjust the dough softness by adding extra milk. The batter should be visibly lumpy, and it’s acceptable if there’s some pockets of dry flour, showed as lower right picture.
10. Gently pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan****, showed as the left picture.
11. Sprinkle toppings over your muffins, showed as middle picture.
12. Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
13. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then finish cooling on a wire rack*****.
*Don’t add hot melted butter to the egg mixtures, it would cook the egg!
**Pecans can be substitute for dried cranberries, chocolate chips or any other ingredients you’re interested!
*** Overmix may result in dry and tough muffin. Bake ASAP after you mix the dry and liquid mixture!
**** Fill 3/4 to full amount of the batter, it depends on how big muffin you want!
***** In order to avoid soft and mushy muffin, be certain that your muffins are completely cooled before putting away in plastic bags.
Hope you all enjoy your Crunchy-Top Pecan Muffins!!!
–> Need more recipes? Check ♡ Recipe ♡