What makes you keep going on? The answer could be your parents, your peers but the best answer should be you, yourself! Being a graduate assistant, I suffered a hard time to learn how to manage my daily life without any pressure from my advisor and how to make myself self-motivated. This is not the only thing I need to learn for sure, but so far this has been the one that challenged me most.
So, I make a deal with myself today. If I work hard on my proposal today, I can bake and enjoy the Dutch Baby this afternoon. It worked, though compared to the paragraph I’ve done it’s not that productive, but, dondon, here’s my Dutch Baby!!!
Ha, how does it look like?
Actually, I decided to make the Dutch Baby since the first day Mario bought the Lodge cast iron skillet, though it’s almost one year ago, ha, I’m a lazy girl. Because I really want to know how good it is, and dream that I could use this skillet to do some European breads, i.e. the baguette.
But as you know, concerning about the body shape, you’d better have some perfect excuses to serve desserts or cakes! So, even though the ingredients are always there in my kitchen and the protocol is super easy, I haven’t done it until this afternoon.
So okay, are you ready to give it a try? Here’s the recipe, hope you guys like it!
Dutch Baby Pancake (Servings: 2)
Unsalted Butter: 2 T
All Purpose Flour: 1/2 C
Salt: 1/4 t
Egg: 2 ea.
Milk: 1/2 C
Cane Sugar: 2 T
Vanilla Extract: 1/4 t
- Place a 10 inch cast iron skillet inside oven and preheat oven to 425 degree F.
- Sift the flour.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until light. Add milk, cane sugar and vanilla extract and then stir.
- Gradually whisk in flour and salt.
- Remove skillet from oven and melt butter in hot skillet so that inside of skillet is completely coated with butter.
- Pour all the batter in the skillet and return skillet to oven.
- Bake until puffed and lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Remove promptly and sprinkle with sugar powder and strawberry.
I especially enjoy the baking moment, because it makes my home smells great. This one is really an easy and fast dessert, also the eggy and airy structure makes me feel less guilty just like the souffle. Though the protocols of them are totally different, both of them share the same miracle – they puffed amazingly twice height!
Give it a try and you’ll love it~!!
For the more detailed recipe, hop on over to KT 矽谷美味人妻!
Try it and keep visiting. More pancake recipes:
–> Need more recipes? Check ♡ Recipe ♡